I just received a new CD of songs by Peter Flint on which I sing one called Grass on a text of Carl Sandburg. I really like the song and am very pleased with how the recording came out. For information on the music and how to purchase, visit www.avianmusic.com
by: Carl Sandburg (1878-1967)
- ILE the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo,
- Shovel them under and let me work–
- I am the grass; I cover all.
- And pile them high at Gettysburg
- And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
- Shovel them under and let me work.
- Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
- What place is this?
- Where are we now?
- I am the grass.
- Let me work.
Have a listen.
Grass by Peter Flint
text by Carl Sandburg